Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Dying Bride

Kneeling beside her bedside
Clasping her frail hand
The lights are turned low
Fleeting tears deck my brow.
Outside the world is merry
Moonlight is bright and sky starry
But O for the pain in my heart
My bride lies here bleeding fast.
Faint memories stir in my head
But her hollow face sends them away
Her once crimson lips are now cracked pale and yellow.
I kiss her soft hand
The yellowed skin that once glowed with inner joy and light
Consumed by fever and plight
Her soul cries for deliverance
The devil chuckles in delight.
Favored by Fate
Death waits with its everlasting embrace
I can do nothing else but wait
And see her tear streaked face.
Her eyes are bleak and desolate
Hope fades away as if in disgrace
Together we wait for a new day
But tomorrow she shall not wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment